This site will automatically adapt to iPhone, Android, iPad, and other mobile devices
A few important notes:
- The new hiking schedule has been posted. Click on “Schedule” in the menu (above).
- Important: Before joining a Mountain Club Of Maryland hike, please familiarize yourself with our hiking trail policy.
- Interested in joining the Mountain Club of Maryland? Click here.
- Weather forecast? Click here (or see below.)
“LIKE” US ON FACEBOOK
IMPORTANT NEWS ITEM :
Mountain Club Of MD Is A Co-host At The ATC Biennial Conference
MCM is proud to be a co-host for the 2015 ATC Biennial Conference, which will be held at Shenandoah College in Winchester, VA. The Potomac Appalachian Trail Club (PATC) is the lead club and it is heading up a steering committee to handle the many logistics. Our specific area of responsibility is Registration.
This will require assistance from many of our Mountain Club members, and we’re looking for volunteers now!
Bob Grossman is the MCM representative on the Steering Committee. His first request is for a small committee to help with planning activities very soon — early in 2014. The committee will be organizing gift bags items and information packets, as well as other information desk planning. To help with Registration Planning: contact Bob directly.
Here are additional opportunities to volunteer for the 2015 Conference.:
* The Steering Committee is seeking help within sub-committees for food service, camping and housing.
* They are also looking for hike leaders who have “favorite” hikes, ones within 50-miles or less, or historical in nature.
If you are interested in any of these areas, click here to go to the Conference Web site.