The Mountain Club is a volunteer organization, and it is only with the hard work of our many volunteers that we have an outstanding club. Each year the Mountain Club recognizes a few of our outstanding volunteers by presenting the following four awards at our Holiday Party in December.
- Eleanor Sewell Hall of Fame Award – given to a current living member who has made a significant contribution to MCM of a period of several years. This award is once in a lifetime award.
- Outstanding Trip Leader Award – given to a trip leader who has led several hikes during the past year and is especially encouraging and helpful to participants.
- Unsung Hero or Heroine Award – given to a male or female member who has made a significant contribution to MCM out of the spotlight in the past year.
- Bob Grossman Outstanding Service Award – given for service to MCM in areas other than trip leading.
Please note that MCM generally does not give any one individual award to the same person twice. To view past winners of these awards, click here.
You can nominate a member for one or more of these awards by emailing Bob Carson at email@example.com. The nominations should include the following information:
– Nominee’s name
– Award you are nominating that person for
– Details about why that person deserves the award
– Your name and email address and/or phone number
The deadline for submitting award nominations for the awards is November 9, 2022.